Kyotera Woman loses hand to Unknown assailants 

witness media uganda

Crime scene police tapes in front of a dark alley.


An elderly woman in Kyotera district is nursing injuries after losing her hands to unknown assailants on Wednesday evening.

  The assailants attacked 56-year-old Maria Yosefa Nakyanzi at her residence in Kyango-Kazo village in Nkenge Ward Kasaali Town Council where she was with her grandson around 7:30 pm.

Residents who responded to the alarm saw the assailant and pursued him for about an hour but he vanished under the cover of darkness.

 Nakyanzi’s son, Chrysostom Ssengabi, said that he was in the trading center buying some stuff when he received a call about his mother’s attack.  

Farouk Ddamurila, the Kyango-Kazo LC I chairman, said that they are working with the police to pursue the assailant.          

Dr. Emmanuel Ssekyeru, the Kalisizo Hospital Medical Superintendent, said that Nakyanzi will recover but the injuries may take some time to heal. 

Muhamad Nsubuga, the Southern Regional Police Spokesperson, says police are hunting for the suspect at whatever cost.  

He said that for the case of Kyotera, the attacker is believed to be from the same area based on the tracking by the sniffer dog. 

Nakyanzi becomes the second victim of the machete attacks in Kyotera district five days after the assailants killed Silvern Sulaiti Ssekanjako of Kololo Cell in Mutukula Town Council on Saturday.

 In a related incident, the police are hunting for a heartless man for killing his wife in a domestic fight following a drinking spree.  

The shocking incident occurred at Kimanya B village in Kimanya-Kabonera division in Masaka city around 11:40 pm on Wednesday night.  

The deceased has been identified as Joan Nalubega, 27, and the husband who is on the run as Moses Muwanga.  

Jamir Walugembe, the Kimanya B village chairperson, says that the couple got a misunderstanding over unknown reasons. He says the man killed his wife with a broken bottle.  Walugembe says that Muwanga fled the scene to avoid being lynched by the angry mob.  

He called the police that visited the scene and took her body to Masaka Regional Referral Hospital for post-mortem.  Muhamad Nsubuga, the Southern Regional Police Spokesperson, says that Nalubega and Muwanga had a longstanding dispute, which the police Child and Family Protection Unit tried to resolve.         

Nsubuga further disputed claims that it was the machete-wielding thugs that attacked Nalube


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.