Two year old drops dead after eating food

Police in Kiira region is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of two-year-old Gabriel Lumayo, after eating food with the rest of his family who are now hospitalised in critical condition.

The deceased has been taken to Jinja regional referral hospital mortuary, awaiting postmortem.

It is reported that, Hellen Mbuya, a mother of three children prepared a meal of Matooke and beans from outside her rented room, before serving it to her family members.

The children however, experienced stomach aches and started vomiting endlessly, prompting their neighbors to alert officers from Nalufenya police station, who rushed them to Jinja city’s based Whispers hospital.

Lumayo was confirmed dead on arrival, whereas Mbuya and her two other children  David Rakawa aged six years and nine-year-old Maureen Akiko, are still struggling for their lives at Whispers hospital.

A health worker who spoke to us on condition of anonymity says that, the three victims suffered severe intestinal damage, but they are positively responding to medication and their team of specialists is doing everything possible to save their lives.

Meanwhile, the Kiira regional police spokesperson, James Mubi says it is suspected that the food was poisoned by an unknown person when Mbuya was inside the house.

Mubi stresses that a team of police pathologists has since extracted samples from the food, so as to facilitate comprehensive examinations from the government analytical laboratory, and quicken the process of ascertaining the intensity of the toxic substances injected in the food

SHARE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.